SALARY INCREASE FOR OUR MISSIONARIES – IF WE HAVE IT!
As we reported in last month’s Mission Sheets, we have begun in January 2013 to increase our missionaries’ salary by 5% – from $1717.00 to $1803 per month. That means that we will disburse $21,449.00 every month for just their salaries. Also added to that salary amount are: $10,950.00 per month for Standard Ministry Expense Allowances, $11,918.11 for hospitalization premiums we pay for them each month, and $1722.50 which we disburse to publish their newsletters for them each month.
Those commitments amount to a total of $46,039.61 which is supplied from the General Fund. We want to emphasize that WE CANNOT MEET THESE COMMITMENTS WITHOUT THE SUPPLIES OF THE FUNDS EACH MONTH. If we don’t receive enough in General Fund offerings each month to meet these Essential Maintenance Transactions, then we will be required to reduce the amounts we have committed.
Will you help us provide this much-needed and belated salary increase for our missionaries’ basic and essential living expenses BY INCREASING YOUR PERSONAL OFFERINGS TO THE MONTHLY GENERAL BY JUST 5% – or more – as the Lord enables you?
If every one of us increases our contributions to the monthly General Fund by even that amount, we can more than supply this modest salary increase for our missionaries.
Our repeated ‘THANK YOU!’ to each one of you who gives to the General Fund each month!
TWO OF OUR FAITHFUL, LONG-TIME, VETERAN MISSIONARY-WIVES HAVE GONE HOME TO BE WITH THE LORD.
June Bean, who faithfully served 31 years as a missionary in Brazil with her husband George, entered the Presence of the Lord the morning of Wednesday, December 12. In 1964, the Beans went to serve the Lord in São Luís, capital of the northeastern state of Maranhão, Brazil, until their retirement from active missionary service in 1995. They also spent a couple of years relieving furloughing missionaries. Brother George Bean went Home to be with the Lord in May 2000. Sis. Bean had dementia for several years and had declined rapidly in the last six months.
Ada Mayfield Hunter, who faithfully served 22 years as a missionary in Peru with her husband Del, entered the Presence of the Lord on Saturday evening, January 12. Brother and Sister Mayfield went to Peru in 1961 and served the Lord there – principally in the two cities of Pucallpa and Iquitos – until they returned to the States in 1983. The Lord blessed them with a fruitful ministry both in believers brought to know Jesus Christ and churches established.
2013 SPRING MISSIONARY BIBLE CONFERENCE
Hosted by Thompson Road Baptist Church | Lexington, KY | Dave Parks, Pastor
Block these dates and plan to attend.
THANKSGIVING OFFERING TOTAL-TO-DATE: $45,215.17
We have been receiving your offerings for our 2012-13 THANKSGIVING OFFERING for the past 3 months now. We think we may have received the bulk of what this year’s offering will be. If that is so, then we are going to come up short from even last year’s offering – which didn’t carry us through to the end of 2012.
2012 Offering was $56,365.38. This year’s Offering stands at $45,215.17. If this offering is not increased, then we will be unable to fulfill some of the benefits and commitments we have made to our missionaries.
These offerings are essential to fulfilling the financial benefits and commitments we have made to provide for their needs and to support all the activities required to keep their ministries going.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY TO GOD – AND ASK HIM TO GIVE YOU A GENEROUS OFFERING TO CONTRIBUTE! ‘THANK YOU!’ to every one who has contributed this year to make this offering what it is!
PRAY AND PRAISE!
- ODALI AND KATHY BARROS – PRAISE GOD for professions of faith in Christ.
- HAROLD BRATCHER – PRAY for his relocation in the U.S. PRAISE GOD for his safe travel back to the U.S.
- MIKE AND BEV CREIGLOW – PRAISE GOD for a new church established and for on-going evangelistic outreach into their city.
- JOHN AND ALTA HATCHER – PRAY that God will give them a break-through in Assai and encourage them in their struggles there. PRAISE GOD also for these faithful and fruitful evangelists and church-planting warriors – 58 years and still going!
- JOHN AND JUDY HATCHER – PRAISE GOD for their safe return to France and for reunions with past converts to Christ.
- A.J. AND BARB HENSLEY – PRAY for their first services in their new church plant, Caragua Baptist Church. PRAISE GOD for reports of new converts to Christ.
- NATHAN AND CARRIE RADFORD – PRAY for the renewal of their work permit to remain in Kenya and for the struggling church plant in Shangalamwe.
- ROGER AND JULIE TATE – PRAY for God to cover them and shield them with His Spirit from the discouragements of ministry – and also that the Lord will establish the infant church at Shangalamwe.
- SHERIDAN AND ANITA STANTON – PRAISE GOD for a safe return to Peru. PRAY for Anita’s sister, Hilda.
- BOBBY AND CHARLENE WACASER – PRAY for them and their church as they seek to reach other neighborhoods, especially Corbelia. PRAISE GOD for His protection in recent accidents.