PRAY AND PRAISE in this issue…
- MIKE AND BEV CREIGLOW— PRAISE GOD for time to train in Pé da Terra. PRAISE GOD for the 32 baptisms at First Baptist Cruizeiro do Sul last month! PRAY for the 7 chapels around town—especially the new one that is about to open. PRAISE GOD for a great missions conference and new missionaries being sent out! PRAISE GOD for the organization of a new church!
- JOHN AND ALTA HATCHER—PRAISE GOD for the opportunity to visit faithful prayer supporters and giving friends in Florida. PRAY for their continued health and strength. PRAISE GOD for time with family and opportunities to witness.
- JOHN MARK AND JUDY HATCHER—PRAISE GOD for reconnecting with some people and making new friends at their annual neighborhood dinner. PRAY for their new English Club ministry they will be starting within the next year. PRAY for Philip, Amanda, and their family, and also Wendy who all serve in France with them.
- PAUL AND WANDA HATCHER—PRAISE GOD for evangelistic opportunities in Manaus during the World Cup. PRAY for those who professed faith in Christ, that they may grow in the Lord and be steadfast. PRAISE GOD for improving Pastor Adolfo’s eye problems. PRAISE GOD for visits with family and friends.
- AJ AND BARBARA HENSLEY—PRAISE GOD for fruit from the group dedicated to evangelism! PRAY for these new believers and for their church members as they learn to be disciplers. PRAISE GOD for the youth who served at the orphanage and lives that were changed. PRAY for the inmates and the visitors that are planning to minister to them this month.
- NATHAN AND CARRIE RADFORD—PRAISE GOD for a safe return to Kenya. PRAY for them as they wait to hear a response on Carrie’s permit so she can continue the hospital ministry. PRAY also for their church planting plans and the prison ministry.
- SHERIDAN AND ANITA STANTON—PRAISE GOD for continued progress on the new building for the Calvary Baptist Mission-Church! PRAISE GOD for 40 years of marriage, a memorable trip, and a visit from the Griffins! PRAY for those Sheridan continues to counsel and the pastors in the Monday night Bible class.
- ROGER AND JULIE TATE—PRAISE GOD for the promise that “He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” PRAY for Bro. Roger as he seeks to be a more wholly surrendered servant. PRAY that God would do an even greater work in his heart—and in your own!
- BOBBY AND CHARLENE WACASER—PRAISE GOD for opportunities to share Christ at World Cup venues and PRAY for the seeds that were planted! PRAISE GOD for the team from Arizona who ministered to the homeless. PRAISE GOD for the third anniversary of their church.
Everyone is invited to attend the Mission Conference Labor Day Weekend
at East Keys Baptist Church on behalf of Baptist Faith Missions.
An offering will be received during the meeting to help with the general expenses and missionary support.
We recommend Howard Johnson Motel,
1701 J. David Jones Parkway, Springfield, IL 62702 (217) 541-8762.
Tell them you are with East Keys Baptist Church to receive a discount for your room.
10:00 a.m. – Brother Bob Jones, Evangelist
11:00 a.m. – Brother Joe Head,
Pastor, Winton Place Baptist Church, Cincinnati OH
6:30 p.m. – Brother Kenny Hurst,
Pastor, Storms Creek Missionary Baptist Church, Ironton OH
7:30 p.m. – Brother Jonathan Turner,
Pastor, Richland Baptist Church, Livermore, KY
10:00 a.m. – Brother Paul Reynolds,
Assistant Pastor, Independence Baptist Church, Foristell MO
11:00 a.m. – Brother Joe Head,
Pastor, Winton Place Baptist Church, Cincinnati OH
CHANGED DATES FOR THANKSGIVING CONFERENCE
The New Hope Missionary Baptist Church will be hosting the Thanksgiving Conference again this November – but it will not be during Thanksgiving week this year. The new dates will be Monday-Wednesday – November 10, 11, 12. Please note and mark these new dates.
We know June is past now – at least the calendar month June has come and gone. But, the need for the Founders Day Offering goes on and on…month by month.
You see, the contributions we receive from your Founders Day Offering go toward supplying the monthly commitments we make to our missionaries to provide for their essential living and ministry expenses. Every month, we must disburse at least $43,300.00 just to maintain the standard essential commitments we have made to our 11 faithful, full-time missionary families.
When the monthly General Fund offerings do not cover those commitments, then we must reduce the amounts we disburse to the missionaries that month. What it always comes down to is reducing the amounts we disburse to them for their modest salaries and personal/ministry expenses allowances.
You should be receiving soon your special Founders Day Offering issue of the Mission Sheets (click here to read online) along with one of our new brochures: “Caring For Those Who Care For the World” (click here to read online) which will explain the need and function of the General Fund to supply our missionaries’ monthly needs.
Please read both of those pieces and respond as generously as God enables you to give. Whether it is June, July, August – or whenever – just designate your offering “Founders Day Offering” and we will apply it to keeping your missionaries’ proverbial heads above the proverbial financial water for that month! I promise you: they will need it!
We now have TWO very attractive and informative professionally-produced brochures. We want you to help us get these promotional messages into the hands of anyone and everyone who is interested in the mission work the Lord is accomplishing through the missionaries who are supported by your offerings through BFM.
(1) The first of these brochures is one that will introduce you to BFM and inform you about the basic principles by which BFM functions. (click here to view)
(2) The second brochure is just now ‘hot off the press.’ This one is entitled “Caring for those who care for the world,” and is designed to inform and explain just how essential the monthly General Fund is to the daily living and ministry needs of our missionaries. (click here to view)
Both of them are full-color, either 6 or 8 pages 8 ½ x 11 format, pictorial, and informative. Will you please help us distribute these brochures as widely as you can?
If you will send your name and mailing address to:
Dave Parks, 3985 Boston Road, Lexington KY 40514
email: daveparks[at]twc.com | phone: 859.223.8374 –
and tell us how many sets of these brochures you want – we will get them back to you by return shipping.
Again, please serve as ambassadors for your missionaries by helping us get either single-copy sets to interested persons or bundles to distribute in our churches. The brochures will ‘speak for themselves’ – for our missionaries.
MISSIONARIES ON FURLOUGH
Two of our longest-serving missionary families are on furlough in the States together at this time: John and Alta Hatcher and Paul and Wanda Hatcher. Paul has written in his Mission Sheets newsletter, “Wanda and I have been in Brazil for 40 years. During this period, we have taken only one full-year furlough.” But, they all have come together to the States for a year’s furlough. John and Alta Hatcher have been serving our Lord in partnership with Baptist Faith Missions for 60 years and wanted to come Stateside for this furlough. Paul and Wanda have come with them to accompany and help them. Also with them is Wanda’s mom, Willa McGary. ‘Miss Willa’ and Wanda’s deceased dad, Wilford, served as church-planting missionaries in Eastern Kentucky Appalachia for 35 years. Willa has also been living with Paul and Wanda in Manaus since December 2013.
So, they are all living and traveling together. They plan to set up their residence in Florida during this time to give them better access to Brazil, especially for family and friends in Brazil to come and visit with them during this year.
Paul says: ‘We will be available to speak and share missions. We can be contacted at: (239)227-6551 or rphatcher[at]gmail.com.’ We encourage you to pray for them and correspond with them.
Their present address is: 615 Key West Avenue, Davenport FL 33897-3600
Telephone: (863) 438-6922